We had The Cleaning Authority for a couple of years...we fired them today. After many broken furnishings 9blinds broken, vases chipped, glasses dropped etc.) and girls who were allowed only a short amount of time (less than an hour) to clean our 2 story, 4 bed, 3 bath home. Last straw was when this past Friday a small porcelain figurine on the back of the stove was broken, the head snapped off and set back on top of the body. When the management were called here in Tucson we were told that the girls had said they didn't do it. We were then asked if maybe we did it and forgot. It hadn't been broken prior their cleaning but was after and it was OUR fault?

We're going with Merry Maids.

Devincenzo/Rowley,

Tucson, Arizona

Had an Experience with The Cleaning Authority?

Comments

As the Owner of The Cleaning Authority in Tucson, I would like to thank the people who came to our defense regarding R.Rowley's post.

Secondly, I would like to address the post itself. Neither my husband nor myself play golf, go to tanning beds, or have our house cleaned every week. Every other week is even a stretch because we usually have a problem finding a spot to be cleaned because we are so busy. I do tell the cleaners 'thank you' or 'you did a really nice job of cleaning our house the other day'.

I don't know where R.

Rowley got all of this incorrect information, but I wanted to set the record straight.Is really is a mystery that they kept us for two years.

I'm surprised to read these comments--we've used the Cleaning Authority in Tucson for two years and have never had any complaints.The cleaning staff (btw, I think the term "girls" used by another poster is a bit patronizing) are on time and thorough.

The management has always been polite and accommodating when we had to reschedule.I have referred friends to this service.

Huh?They sucked but you kept them for two years?

How do you know the manager is paid salary and how do you what the managers workload is? Do you actually know the owner is golfing, tanning, isn't around and "Rarely says thank you". The manager owns a cleaning service. Is it unexpected that she has her own house cleaned.

You PAY for a cleaning service every week. Do you regularly say "Thank You" to the team?

Hard to believe you kept a cleaning service for two years that sucked consistently as you described. There are millions of cleaners out there (many of my neighbors have cleaners or services).

Not cost to change.This sounds like an attempt to discredit a competitor.

THE WORST CLEANING COMPANY EVER...FULL OF LIES, THEFT, BROKEN PROMISES, LATE ALL THE *** TIME, RUSHED BY THE OWNER AND MANAGERS QUALITY OF WORK IS PUT TO THE SIDE, QUANTITY IS MORE IMPORTANT, MANAGERS PAID SALARY FOR DOING THE LEAST POSSIBLE WORK, THE OWNER DURING THE DAY *** AND CANNOT BE CONTACTED VIA PHONE BECAUSE SHE IS TANNING, GOLFING, OR FLAT OUT ISNT AROUND AS WELL AS THE MANAGERS, BUT HAS A TEAM CLEAN HER HOUSE ONCE A WEEK AND RARELY SAYS THANK YOU!!Hope this helps in your decision to hire this company, keep some things in mind though...#1.

Research this company. # 2. You should think about writing up your own contract involving rules set by you #3.

definitely install cameras to make sure things do not "come up missing" and/or "broke".Knowing first hand what goes on in your home, I STRONGLY advise you to consider a different cleaning company!!!