The Cleaning Authority - Not only was the clean sub par, they damaged my property!
I was initially encouraged hiring this company after hiring an independent housekeeper didn't work out. I work two jobs and am often out of the house 18 hours a day and was excited to be able to afford the opportunity to have my apartment professionally cleaned so I wouldn't have to worry about it.
I met with the manager, Metch, at my home and she explained everything in full detail about what the company offers and how their services work and the amount of work that they were supposed to do for the price sounded like a steal! I handed over my key and we set a date.
I got home the day of my clean and noticed that not all of the trash had been taken out as it should've been. There was a box that should've been thrown away sitting on top of the trash can that wouldn't fit inside. They put the box on top of the washing machine and just took the trash in the bin. I'm not sure why they wouldn't think if the box is with the trash, it's not trash? The blankets on my sofa were rumpled and placed haphazardly as were all the pillows, like they just threw them back on there instead of making things presentable. The rest of the apartment seemed in good order, though nothing really smelled super clean and nothing was really shiny and sparkly like I had expected.
Those may be petty complaints, but here are the real ones. I have no idea what the girls who cleaned my apartment did but there are scuffs all over my walls. Did they just drag their equipment across them without a care in the world? Who knows. Here's the kicker, they must have had something plugged into one of my outlets and instead of going to the outlet and unplugging it, they ripped their appliance out of the wall, pulling my outlet cover off the wall with it. Straight off the screws! The middle of the plate is cracked in half from being pulled from the wall and the corner of the plate is shattered. Granted it's not an expensive replacement, but I didn't even get a notification that my property had been damaged. To top it off, I found the broken outlet plate stuck behind the mirror on my wall. I wouldn't have even seen it had the corner of the plate not caught the sun. Why would they just tuck the broken plate behind the mirror!?! Totally bewildered.
I attempted to contact the company and was told ohhhh hey we were just about to call you! No, no you weren't because you had no idea what I was talking about when I called you and said my property had been damaged. Had I not called them, they never would have said anything about it. I have not once heard from the manager, Metch about this awful service and the girl I dealt with, Janie, didn't even return my calls after she supposedly said she was going to investigate with the girls what had happened. I had to chase them down to retrieve my key back.
DO NOT HIRE THIS COMPANY. They are dishonest and shady and do not do the work they are paid for.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- The Cleaning Authority Apartment Cleaning
- Review category
- Cleaning Services
You May Also Like
- "I pay for my daughters maid service in Cornelious NC. I have been disappointed several times with the service. Two weeks ago when u was visiting I had..."
- "Horrible! Worst $200 I have ever spent. Scheduled at 1, showed at 10! Ringing and knocking! All we heard was we don't do that. Was in my home for 3..."
- "DO NOT HIRE ELLA MAIDS TO DO ANY CLEANING FOR YOU!!! I mistakenly hired them for back to back jobs and regret it. They were to clean a..."
- "Everytime I eat breakfast at my local location, they never put herbs on the roasted potatoes unless I point out that they are missing. The first time when I pointed..."
- "I have taken many classes on line and I HATE when the teacher chooses PEARSON, every semester is something with this site. This time, I chose to buy an e-text..."
- "So, like many Americans, I took part in Black Friday. While stocking up on various items, I went to the skinstore.com to get some face lotion (Epionce Renewal Facial Lotion)..."
- "My uncle recieved a check in the mail and asked if i could take him to get information and how he could cash it and what not. The clerk there..."
- "This is the 3rd time second time I received such bad service at 2808 N. Sam Houston Parkway location in Houston, Texas.The first time, I ordered a chicken sandwich, they..."
- "Went to Petco on Hwy 6 south Houston Tx I've gone there numerous times and never had a problem but today a new groomer was there I told her I..."