1.9K views

This has to be the worst experience of my life. No Benefits. Low mileage pay for using your own vehicle. Constant checks each day, always find something wrong. A crooked franchise owner who has the audacity to keep tips and distribute as HE sees fit. OSHA should investigate this slave ship enterprise. I can't image WHY anyone would waste their time here. They have some good employees, however, I wouldn't let some of them clean my dog's house.

Also, you may clean up to 5 homes per day. If you're there too long, the owner will complain. If you're there and gone too soon, he will question the thoroughness. You just can't win. You make nothing, the slave owner and wife bring in the bucks. Fine. They can keep it. I just can't understand why any good person with a solid work history and work ethic would subject themselves to such a hideous company with questionable accounting practices. These two people treat their dogs (in the office) better than any employee.

Good luck if you decide to work here and actually fall for their baloney newspaper advertisement.

Review about: The Cleaning Authority Owner.

Comments

Long overdue for the BBB to investigate this enterprise in Exton and throughout the nation. Report the findings and warn people to stay away. However, if they still apply, then its their life to waste.

to J. Edgar #1575130

Looking into it. Stop the posts on this thread. Enough.

When is it appropriate to bribe for reviews? I noticed this on the Exton/Downingtown facebook page of The Cleaning Authority.

So many positive reviews in one month (18) seems suspicious to me.

Perhaps all is well and peachy with your clientele, but there use to be a few debbie downers (which is normal). Those reviews got hidden!Makes me suspicious of the entire company.

to Sue #1510011

Reviews can be manipulated. Either good or bad.

I just came across this site and review. My daughter works for TCA in Nashville.

Not sure if good or bad. She doesn't say much about it.

Help wanted ads all over the place.

I've read your ads. Are you increasing the amount of teams you have, or just replacing people who keep leaving?

Exton, Pennsylvania, United States #1335472

OMG!! Are they still in business?

The dude lives in a $500,000 plus home (which the employees will clean) while riding the backs of the desperate and desolate. Will this farce ever end??

Washington, District Of Columbia, United States #1251471

HOLIDAY SEASON REMINDER ALERT: BEEP BEEP BEEP....The holiday season is upon us! Please remember, if your cleaning team does a good job and you decide to tip, give it straight to your team.

They can decide to hand in to owner (as instructed), or keep it themselves. Adding a tip onto your invoice will only amount to the owner getting additional monies, in the majority of cases.

Right Mr. H.??

Collegeville, Pennsylvania, United States #1167939

Despite the negativity of this place, there is good news! Helak has moved his franchise to 629 Pottstown pike!

Why is this good news? BECAUSE it is next to the Drafting Room! (A BAR!!!).

After a long day of cleaning mansions, now us girls can walk next door and unwind with a brew or two....or three...or....

(Katie...not real name. Current employee).

to Katie #1174105

Yea right four beers will take all we made fore the day. work just for alcohol may be a benafit

to Katie #1396173

Another benefit taken away!! THE DRAFTING ROOM HAS CLOSED! Nowhere to go to drown our sorrows after long days in the mansions.

Kimberton, Pennsylvania, United States #1146965

Stop working for the crook! If you MUST do cleaning, and don't want to build up your own clientele, at least check other places out!

I've posted some info below to try and get more slaves freed from this farce of a franchise. This is from the job site Indeed:

Cleaner / Maid / House Cleaner / House Keeper / Service Prof... - new

MaidPro - Exton, PA

$14 an hour

*Must pass criminal back ground check.*.

Kitchen cabinets and counter tops wiped down and sanitized. Overall appearance of home is straightened, left neat and...

Easily apply 1 day ago - save job - email - more...

to Nikki #1430148

I've worked there before, obviously you have / did not. Remember what your mother taught you about believing everything you read? Apparently you missed that life lesson ....

to NotNikki #1431858

"I've worked there before" If it so great, why did you leave? Don't believe everything you read.

Go work for this clown and decide for yourself. THEN you will believe it!!

THEIR NEWEST HELP WANTED AD CONTINUES THE LIE. NOW THEY HAVE MOVED TO SNAG-A-JOB TO RECRUIT SLAVES.

If anyone is considering working here, just remember to ASK QUESTIONS at your interview!

The listing at the bottom is so far from accurate it should be criminal. Here is the rebuttal:

1) They don't care about you, only their bottom line.

2) You will have opportunity to move up IF your body can hold up.

3) Proud of my income!!! Are you JOKING! I was crying each week!

4) NEVER saw a paid holiday!

5) ASK how long you will need to work to QUALIFY for a vacation. 6) The hours are regular most of the time....BUT can change on any given day. 7) Sure, you have the opportunity to earn tips. Then the owner will disperse them as he sees fit.

If you are new....fuggettaboutit! 8) Your mileage rate is so far below the national rate it's pathetic. 9) They say you "deserve the best" "come grow with us" The only thing you will grow is their bottom line as you inch closer to the poverty level. 10) Overtime?

Do you really want overtime? With NO BENEFITS you'll need the extra time to heal your body to avoid the DR. 11) Bonus, incentives, FUN STUFF?? So, when was cleaning mansions "Fun Stuff"???

12) Valued and respected!! REALLY?? This is the biggest lie of them all!! H.

values his bottom line and respects nobody. 13) If you refer a family member, don't expect an invite to the next reunion. Refer a friend and you'll make an enemy! The Cleaning Authority in Exton Pennsylvania says it all at the top of this headline: WHY WORK FOR US.

Don't believe the lie. Do your due diligence and ask questions. Better yet, look elsewhere for a job or start your own cleaning business. Below is their advertisement farce updated regularly in snag-a-job.

WHY WORK FOR US?? THE CLEANING AUTHORITY IN EXTON??? *WE CARE! (about you and our clients) *WE GIVE YOU OPPORTUNITIES OTHERS WON'T *YOU'LL HAVE PROFESSIONAL GROWTH POTENTIAL (really, we're not playin') *YOU'LL EARN A WEEKLY INCOME THAT YOU CAN BE PROUD OF *WE OFFER PAID HOLIDAYS (and you'll be enjoying a day off!) *PAID VACATION SOUND GOOD?

(yep, we've got it) *REFER A NEW EMPLOYEE TO US AND GET PAID *WORK REGULAR MON-FRI DAYTIME ONLY HOURS?(sweet right?) *THE OPPORTUNITY TO EARN TIPS *WE PAY TRAVEL TIME & TAX FREE MILEAGE REIMBURSEMENT *YOU DESERVE THE BEST...AND SO DO WE! (you are the best right?) *YOU CAN GET IN SHAPE AND GET PAID FOR IT! (get healthy, feel better!) *YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO EARN OVERTIME PAY *WE OFFER BONUSES, INCENTIVES & OTHER FUN STUFF *THIS IS NOT JANITORIAL/MAINTENANCE WORK (it is detail cleaning) *WE TEACH YOU, TRAIN YOU & PROVIDE YOU ALL THE TOOLS FOR SUCCESS *YOU ARE VALUED AND RESPECTED FOR YOUR EFFORT Are you ready for a change of career? Are you a mom or dad that needs to earn money while the kids are at school?

Are you recently separated or divorced and need an income? Perhaps you're a student taking online classes and have a few days a week free during the day? We can teach you and train you to earn a living and be successful performing professional house cleaning. We value our employees and promote from within.

We are growing and want you to grow with us. Immediate opportunities available. We are centrally located in Exton, PA convenient to Rt 202, Rt 100 and the Rt 30 bypass. Apply in person M-F from 8am-2pm.

Preference is given to applicants who possess their own car and have a valid driver's license. WE DO NOT HAVE NIGHT OR WEEKEND WORK. YOU MUST BE WILLING TO COMMUTE WEEKDAYS TO EXTON. Success awaits.

Come see why we are different and your life can be different too! The Cleaning Authority 407 E Lincoln Hwy Exton, PA 19341 610-363-1992 tcapa@verizon.net

It is a joke! Favorites !!!

No $400 a week ! Certain individuals vehicles shouldn't be on the road, NOT legal! Inspectors' work would be docked too if you looked hard enough!!! NOdrees code enforced!

Daisy Dukes , and flip flops ! OMG. If you have an appt !

Should I continue ...? Good luck

Are they still in business?? OMG!

My husband and I are currently looking for a cleaning service. However, I have experience here. that's how I found this!!

I struggled here a few years back. I don't remember vehicle checks or I would have told them to stick it.

My pay, along with the constant drama made my decision to get out of there an easy one.

Cleaning wise, unless you get a good "Team" you are rolling the dice. Also, you're lucky to keep your "Team" because of the turnover. I actually "Teamed" with a meth user. Needless to say, it was NO picnic.

Their pay rate attracts a certain element. NOT all, but too many.

That's why I'm surprised this franchise is still around. How 'bout that!

P.S. Love the lines about Mr.

H.

Sweet Pea! You are right on girl!

Were your two (2) down votes the owners of the business??

to Anonymous #979112

I'm guessing two votes from the owners and one from an inspector, affectionally referred to from within the ranks as a N.I. (Nazi inspector)

to Anonymous #1082884

Are Robin and Heather still trolling around there as N.I.'s?? Or have they moved on to more productive careers?

to Anonymous Wayne, Pennsylvania, United States #1108554

If memory serves me....didn't one of them, the blonde, have a ring through her nose? Talk about a "professional" appearance!