1.8K views

This has to be the worst experience of my life. No Benefits. Low mileage pay for using your own vehicle. Constant checks each day, always find something wrong. A crooked franchise owner who has the audacity to keep tips and distribute as HE sees fit. OSHA should investigate this slave ship enterprise. I can't image WHY anyone would waste their time here. They have some good employees, however, I wouldn't let some of them clean my dog's house.

Also, you may clean up to 5 homes per day. If you're there too long, the owner will complain. If you're there and gone too soon, he will question the thoroughness. You just can't win. You make nothing, the slave owner and wife bring in the bucks. Fine. They can keep it. I just can't understand why any good person with a solid work history and work ethic would subject themselves to such a hideous company with questionable accounting practices. These two people treat their dogs (in the office) better than any employee.

Good luck if you decide to work here and actually fall for their baloney newspaper advertisement.

Review about: The Cleaning Authority Owner.

Comments

Help wanted ads all over the place.

I've read your ads. Are you increasing the amount of teams you have, or just replacing people who keep leaving?

Exton, Pennsylvania, United States #1335472

OMG!!Are they still in business?

The dude lives in a $500,000 plus home (which the employees will clean) while riding the backs of the desperate and desolate.Will this farce ever end??

Washington, District Of Columbia, United States #1251471

HOLIDAY SEASON REMINDER ALERT: BEEP BEEP BEEP....The holiday season is upon us!Please remember, if your cleaning team does a good job and you decide to tip, give it straight to your team.

They can decide to hand in to owner (as instructed), or keep it themselves. Adding a tip onto your invoice will only amount to the owner getting additional monies, in the majority of cases.

Right Mr.H.??

Collegeville, Pennsylvania, United States #1167939

Despite the negativity of this place, there is good news!Helak has moved his franchise to 629 Pottstown pike!

Why is this good news? BECAUSE it is next to the Drafting Room! (A BAR!!!).

After a long day of cleaning mansions, now us girls can walk next door and unwind with a brew or two....or three...or....

(Katie...not real name.Current employee).

to Katie #1174105

Yea right four beers will take all we made fore the day. work just for alcohol may be a benafit

to Katie #1396173

Another benefit taken away!! THE DRAFTING ROOM HAS CLOSED! Nowhere to go to drown our sorrows after long days in the mansions.

Kimberton, Pennsylvania, United States #1146965

Stop working for the crook!If you MUST do cleaning, and don't want to build up your own clientele, at least check other places out!

I've posted some info below to try and get more slaves freed from this farce of a franchise. This is from the job site Indeed:

Cleaner / Maid / House Cleaner / House Keeper / Service Prof... - new

MaidPro - Exton, PA

$14 an hour

*Must pass criminal back ground check.*.

Kitchen cabinets and counter tops wiped down and sanitized.Overall appearance of home is straightened, left neat and...

Easily apply 1 day ago - save job - email - more...

to Nikki #1430148

I've worked there before, obviously you have / did not. Remember what your mother taught you about believing everything you read? Apparently you missed that life lesson ....

to NotNikki #1431858

"I've worked there before" If it so great, why did you leave?Don't believe everything you read.

Go work for this clown and decide for yourself.THEN you will believe it!!

THEIR NEWEST HELP WANTED AD CONTINUES THE LIE.NOW THEY HAVE MOVED TO SNAG-A-JOB TO RECRUIT SLAVES.

If anyone is considering working here, just remember to ASK QUESTIONS at your interview!

The listing at the bottom is so far from accurate it should be criminal. Here is the rebuttal:

1) They don't care about you, only their bottom line.

2) You will have opportunity to move up IF your body can hold up.

3) Proud of my income!!! Are you JOKING! I was crying each week!

4) NEVER saw a paid holiday!

5) ASK how long you will need to work to QUALIFY for a vacation. 6) The hours are regular most of the time....BUT can change on any given day. 7) Sure, you have the opportunity to earn tips. Then the owner will disperse them as he sees fit.

If you are new....fuggettaboutit! 8) Your mileage rate is so far below the national rate it's pathetic. 9) They say you "deserve the best" "come grow with us" The only thing you will grow is their bottom line as you inch closer to the poverty level. 10) Overtime?

Do you really want overtime? With NO BENEFITS you'll need the extra time to heal your body to avoid the DR. 11) Bonus, incentives, FUN STUFF?? So, when was cleaning mansions "Fun Stuff"???

12) Valued and respected!! REALLY?? This is the biggest lie of them all!! H.

values his bottom line and respects nobody. 13) If you refer a family member, don't expect an invite to the next reunion. Refer a friend and you'll make an enemy! The Cleaning Authority in Exton Pennsylvania says it all at the top of this headline: WHY WORK FOR US.

Don't believe the lie. Do your due diligence and ask questions. Better yet, look elsewhere for a job or start your own cleaning business. Below is their advertisement farce updated regularly in snag-a-job.

WHY WORK FOR US?? THE CLEANING AUTHORITY IN EXTON??? *WE CARE! (about you and our clients) *WE GIVE YOU OPPORTUNITIES OTHERS WON'T *YOU'LL HAVE PROFESSIONAL GROWTH POTENTIAL (really, we're not playin') *YOU'LL EARN A WEEKLY INCOME THAT YOU CAN BE PROUD OF *WE OFFER PAID HOLIDAYS (and you'll be enjoying a day off!) *PAID VACATION SOUND GOOD?

(yep, we've got it) *REFER A NEW EMPLOYEE TO US AND GET PAID *WORK REGULAR MON-FRI DAYTIME ONLY HOURS?(sweet right?) *THE OPPORTUNITY TO EARN TIPS *WE PAY TRAVEL TIME & TAX FREE MILEAGE REIMBURSEMENT *YOU DESERVE THE BEST...AND SO DO WE! (you are the best right?) *YOU CAN GET IN SHAPE AND GET PAID FOR IT! (get healthy, feel better!) *YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO EARN OVERTIME PAY *WE OFFER BONUSES, INCENTIVES & OTHER FUN STUFF *THIS IS NOT JANITORIAL/MAINTENANCE WORK (it is detail cleaning) *WE TEACH YOU, TRAIN YOU & PROVIDE YOU ALL THE TOOLS FOR SUCCESS *YOU ARE VALUED AND RESPECTED FOR YOUR EFFORT Are you ready for a change of career? Are you a mom or dad that needs to earn money while the kids are at school?

Are you recently separated or divorced and need an income? Perhaps you're a student taking online classes and have a few days a week free during the day? We can teach you and train you to earn a living and be successful performing professional house cleaning. We value our employees and promote from within.

We are growing and want you to grow with us. Immediate opportunities available. We are centrally located in Exton, PA convenient to Rt 202, Rt 100 and the Rt 30 bypass. Apply in person M-F from 8am-2pm.

Preference is given to applicants who possess their own car and have a valid driver's license. WE DO NOT HAVE NIGHT OR WEEKEND WORK. YOU MUST BE WILLING TO COMMUTE WEEKDAYS TO EXTON. Success awaits.

Come see why we are different and your life can be different too!The Cleaning Authority 407 E Lincoln Hwy Exton, PA 19341 610-363-1992 tcapa@verizon.net

It is a joke!Favorites !!!

No $400 a week ! Certain individuals vehicles shouldn't be on the road, NOT legal! Inspectors' work would be docked too if you looked hard enough!!! NOdrees code enforced!

Daisy Dukes , and flip flops ! OMG. If you have an appt !

Should I continue ...?Good luck

Are they still in business??OMG!

My husband and I are currently looking for a cleaning service. However, I have experience here. that's how I found this!!

I struggled here a few years back. I don't remember vehicle checks or I would have told them to stick it.

My pay, along with the constant drama made my decision to get out of there an easy one.

Cleaning wise, unless you get a good "Team" you are rolling the dice. Also, you're lucky to keep your "Team" because of the turnover. I actually "Teamed" with a meth user. Needless to say, it was NO picnic.

Their pay rate attracts a certain element. NOT all, but too many.

That's why I'm surprised this franchise is still around. How 'bout that!

P.S. Love the lines about Mr.

H.

Sweet Pea!You are right on girl!

Were your two (2) down votes the owners of the business??

to Anonymous #979112

I'm guessing two votes from the owners and one from an inspector, affectionally referred to from within the ranks as a N.I. (Nazi inspector)

to Anonymous #1082884

Are Robin and Heather still trolling around there as N.I.'s?? Or have they moved on to more productive careers?

to Anonymous Wayne, Pennsylvania, United States #1108554

If memory serves me....didn't one of them, the blonde, have a ring through her nose? Talk about a "professional" appearance!

I just found this!I worked at this Exton, Pa location back in 2012.

A great place to help you lose weight. I was busting my buns working for this guy. ***, I don't smoke. But the majority of girls who work here do.

I don't know how they can afford to smoke given the meager salary. Some of them were on the wacky stuff, too. These reviews are rather accurate. Not much pay.

No job satisfaction. This dude keeps $50.00 dollars of your first check for the manual you get. If you don't return it, he will keep the money. The thing looks like it cost only $5.00 bucks to make.

Just another way to rip employees off.

No lunch time. You barely have enough time to get from house to house.

Gas money sucks. Definitely not enough!

If you search online, you can see how much money this franchise brings in.

Unbelievable! This is without a doubt, like the other poster said, slavery. They should be investigated in regards to how they calculate paychecks. No doubt, there is a funny shell game going on here.

If anyone is so hard up enough to apply here, keep in mind you won't know anything until after the guy hands you TCA manual for $50.00 bucks, which explains everything you should have been informed about at the interview (if you call it that).

These people are so hard up for help, they would hire a monkey if they could get away with it.

Like these other posters said, steer clear of this place!They have no business being in business.

West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States #913528

Folks....before considering, let me just do a little bit of dissecting of the ad below:

Company: Cleaning Authority

Location: Exton, PA

Date Posted: September 11, 2014

Source: Snagajob

IMMEDIATE OPPORTUNITY 1st Class Co.seeking PART or FULL TIME team member FLEXIBLE yet reliable schedule Take back your nights and weekends...

work M-F days Weekly pay/ Bonus potential Paid holidays/ vacation (F/T) *Background Checked Perfect opportunity for parent who wants to work while kids are in school OR college student APPLY IN PERSON...SUCCESS AWAITS YOU! THE CLEANING AUTHORITY 407 E. Lincoln Hwy, Exton 19341 (610)363-8733 TCAPA@VERIZON.NET , , Ist Class Company? You gotta be joking?!

Nothing first class here. Don't believe me....just apply and see for yourself. Flexible yet reliable schedule? Well, YOU better be flexible and reliable, otherwise this guy will make life not so great.

You can change teams at any time, you may be called in to work any time. You may work late if another team needs help. You may work weekends depending on the previous week (snowstorms, ect...) Bonus Potential? Nobody stays long enough to get a bonus!

Tips? They need to be handed in to the owner for dispursel. Yes, weekly pay. IF you want to call it that.

I had no idea how they calculated my pay, it is not identified on your paycheck. You really don't know. I do know: There is no way on earth you are making $10.00 per hour. Parents, sure you can work while your kids are in school.

And there is a great chance you will be working when THEY get home. For Pete's sake, don't ask this guy for flexibility in any type of emergency. He'll look at you like you have rocks in your head. Apply in person and expect a zombie type guy to hand you an application.

He is actually the franchise owner. College students. Well, give it a shot if you want. However, you can do a helluva lot better than this place.

This ad, and all their newspaper ads are 100% baloney.Work here at your own risk.

I found this employee review a bit interesting since I have some experience here, too.People, if you want to work here, don't expect $10.00 per hour!

You only get that when inside a home, otherwise it is minimum wage while traveling and nothing if you take too long to get to a home. So...hope for no traffic delays.

Mr. H. is known for random vehicle inspections.

This is because we sometimes forget about rags and other supplies in our trunks. Dragging this stuff in and out of 3-5 homes a day can get tiring, so we sometimes forget a thing or two. Mr. H.

does not see it that way. In his eyes it is THEFT.

Also, do NOT get sick or have family emergencies. Mr. H.

frowns upon this. If you do decide to work here, expect the unexpected. Each day you may get inspected once or so by the inspector gadgets. Their job is to make sure you do a good job.

Nothing wrong with that, but always expect them to find something. It's their job. If they don't find something wrong....then THEY won't have a job.

The majority of customers are good people. You have a few that let their dogs roam free.

So, expect to get nipped here and there since Fido rules the roost in some of these mansions.

Bottom line: Like the person above mentioned, you won't get much $$ here. It's thankless. Only the franchise owners make any real income. Constant turnover.

Oh...I can't end this review without mentioning the bi-weekly meetings. Be sure to mark your calendars for these events. Mr. H.

loves to talk and "encourage" his troops. It's basically just a blowhard spouting off for half and hour or so. Still, you need to get their early for these things.

Hey, you do get some danish, donuts and coffee.So, take it while you can since lunch time is basically nonexistent unless you eat on the run.